Saturday, September 28th, 2013 the Dirt Runner course had a new challenger ready to tackle whatever came her way.
This is mini Corn Fed Miss Grace Koronka and her Dad Adam and Mom Robin as they head in to face the mud, muck, and crazy obstacles that all Obstacle Course Racers love!
Adam and Robin recently started their OCR journey and Grace wanted in on the fun to, but not a “kid’s course” she wanted to do the 3+ miles that they were doing! Gotta love that spirit!
We talked a bit at the starting line and I watched as she proved she has what it takes to do what she sets her mind to.
The starting lineup was on and they were off. I was volunteering at one of the last obstacles of the day so I didn’t get to see her through the course. However, later on I did an interview with her and here’s what she had to say:
1) What was your favorite part of the day? – Finishing
2) What was your favorite obstacle? – The log obstacle at the end. Why? Because it was so much fun!
3) Were there any obstacles you didn’t like? – The culverts with water.
4) Do you want to do more of these? – Yes! Who wouldn’t!
5) What do your friend’s think about you being an obstacle course racer? – (insert applause and big smile from her friend Sammy, here with us now)
all of the rest of obstacles she completed were awesome (she specifically called out these – monkey bars, cargo nets, rope hill climbs)
I personally look forward to seeing you (and your Mom and Dad) at more races Gracie! Thank you for being so awesome as to take the time to share your experience with everyone and show us your Corn Fed spirit! AROO!